While the Fall 2020 semester will bring many changes, there are resources available to make it less hectic for on-campus and online students.
Classes at The University of Texas at Arlington are set to start on Wednesday, August 26. Students can check their class schedules to find whether their classes are face-to-face, hybrid, or online. If students have not yet enrolled, they can see the course list on MyMav which details the class structure to plan accordingly.
UTA has awarded all funds available for the CARES Act Emergency Fund, but the UTA Emergency Assistance Fund is still open to applicants. This fund is open to all students, including international and undocumented students who did not apply to the CARES Act Fund. The UTA Emergency Assistance Fund can assist with items like rent, food, and utility bills.
UTA Health Services
On-campus coronavirus testing for students who experience symptoms is available in Health Services at no out-of-pocket cost. It is advised to call your health care provider first to discuss symptoms before arriving at Health Services.
- Contact: 817-272-2771
Computers and Online Services
- UTA’s wireless network will cover all buildings on campus and some off-campus, such as the mall area in front of the library.
- 12 computer labs around campus will provide desktop computers while being socially distanced
- Services including the FabLab, Writing Center, UTSI will be available online
- Contact and building information for these services is available here
The maximum amount of passengers allowed decreased from 32 to 9 for proper social distancing. A Red Route service has been added with 7 buses operating Monday to Friday at 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
The Market at the University Center will be available every day for grab-and-go. Dining Services will partner with GrubHub for mobile ordering and pick-up stations around campus. Dining areas on campus will be adjusted accordingly for appropriate social distancing.
A full list of resources, including counseling, police, and parking services can be found here
The Central Library will only be open for students to check out laptops, printing (except 3D), and the IDEAS Center. Floors 3, 4, and 5 will remain closed. All other library services will be closed, such as checking out books, Einstein Bagels, and group study rooms.
- Contact IDEAS Center at 817-272-6593, Call 817-272-3395 for laptop availability.
- The Maverick Activities Center will re-open Monday, August 17
- Reservations must be made online or on the Fusion Go App before entering.
- A full list of procedures can be found here
On July 31, UTA asked students in an email to take 14-days before the start of classes to limit social activities and exposure to outsiders to help minimize the spread of the virus. Other procedures include:
- Face coverings are required for everyone on campus
- Daily self-monitor before coming to campus, including temperature and symptom check
- It is required to fill out this form if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19
COVID-19 symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, diarrhea, and a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
UTA will provide one mask per student. Cloth face masks will be available at the University Center Campus Information Desk and at the Main Library. Call 817-272-3395 for cloth face mask availability.