After months of campaigning and heated debates, voters visit the polls to cast their ballots. Election day is here, but like most things in 2020 it may look different.
How do I find my polling place?
You can vote at any polling site in Tarrant County. Click here to find a polling site near you.
How long will it take to vote?
Wait times vary at each polling location depending on turnout. Click here to see a live wait time map.
Do I need an ID to vote?
Yes, the state of Texas requires ID when voting in person. These are acceptable forms of ID:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas election identification certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas handgun license issued by DPS
- United States Military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport (book or card)
What is on the ballot?
View a sample ballot by clicking here.
What resources are available for voters with disabilities?
- Voters with mobility issues are allowed to move to the front of the line
- Curbside voting is available during early voting and on Election Day. If you have someone with you, have them notify the election official. If you’re alone, look for a voting assistance button near handicap parking spaces.
What infection control measures are in place?
- Tarrant County has installed hand sanitizing stations at polling places and floor markers, to encourage social distancing.
- Masks are not mandatory to vote but strongly encouraged.
What if I have tested positive for COVID-19 or currently quarantining due to potential exposure?
Is there transportation to the polls?
- Throughout early voting and on Election Day, Tarrant County voters will be able to access free rides to the polls through public transit, including Arlington’s Handitran and Via on-demand rideshare programs. Simply show your current Texas ID or voter registration card.
- Click here to schedule your Handitran trip
- To use Via’s on-demand service, simply download Via’s app and enter the address of a Vote Center within Via’s service area or call 817-784-7382 to schedule a ride by phone. You will not be charged for trips scheduled to or from a Vote Center location. Click here to learn more about Via.
What do I need to know if I plan to vote by mail?
- Nov. 3, 7 p.m.: Deadline to return ballot if carrier envelope is not postmarked, OR Wednesday, Nov. 4 (next business day after Election Day) at 5 p.m. if carrier envelope is postmarked by 7 p.m. at the location of the election on Election Day
- Return mail in ballots to Tarrant County Elections PO Box 961011 Fort Worth, Texas 76161-0011